Saturday, March 28, 2009

New proposed Mandatory Microchipping and Spay/Neuter ordinance in Southern California


Los Angeles already passed this as law, much to my great disappointment. Now it seems Riverside County is trying, again, to pass this ordinance. I am overwhelmingly AGAINST this legislation. I believe we pet owners should have the right to choose when we spay/neuter our pets and not have the government mandate it and FINE us if we are not in accordance. In addition, I believe we reserve the right to choose microchipping if we see fit. There are many studies detailing the health problems in both male and female dogs arising from early spay/neuter. Just to list a few articles on the topic: 



To learn more about the proposed ordinance and what it really means to you as a pet owner I've listed a few more links below. Among them are sites, such as the AKC, that offer actions that you can do to oppose and fight against this ordinance passing. I would appreciate your support in fighting to keep our right to choose what is best for our pets!


Find what District you belong to and write to your representative expressing your view on this issue today! Each representative's site includes either a map of his district or a list of cities included in his district. I live in Corona, 2nd District. 



No comments:

Post a Comment