Saturday, October 3, 2009

Is it wrong...

 ...if you have to tell someone when they are doing something rude, upsetting or inconsiderate?

I have a bad habit of waiting until I am alone with my forsaken thoughts and the thing that didn't sit well settles in, slaps me across the face and I suddenly realize how "wrong" it was, even though it happened only a few moments ago. I think what I do is hope that the situation will improve as time moves forward and then when it's all said and done and nothing ever did improve, that is when I get officially bent sideways.

While I can understand the culprit being not-so-pleased with the belated unveiling of my displeasure at the situation I still cannot help but feel that it is odd that I have to bring this fact to their attention AT ALL. Because I feel that someone should have a decent enough handle on reality to know when something they are doing is inconsiderate. I end up feeling insignificant and thoughtlessly treated.

I seriously would like to know, what you think.  My bad habit of waiting to reveal my displeasure and the inconsiderate (though, not malicious) behavior - neither are *good* things. It seems like a bit of a mess. How much of it should one endure? At what point do you call the situation a no win, for either person? At what point should one "throw in the towel"?

I ruminate... don't they make a medication for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment